WELCOME TO PAWS PLACE DOG ADOPTION PROGRAM
We’re so pleased that you’re interested in adopting a new pet from us. The Paws Place Seven-Step Adoption Process will help us find the perfect dog for you and also ensure that your home and lifestyle are a good, safe match for your dog of choice.
Please do not submit an application to adopt until after you have met the dog in person.
PAWS PLACE SEVEN-STEP DOG ADOPTION PROCESS
Step 1: Self Assessment
Complete a short, seven-question self-assessment to determine if rescue dog adoption is right for you.
Step 2: Select a Dog (or Dogs)
Spend time with your favorite dogs at Paws Place or at scheduled area Meet & Greets, and choose the one that captures your heart (we call this Speed Petting). See Meet & Greet Calendar
Step 3: Pre-Adoption Application
A Paws Place representative will speak with you to learn more about the type of dog you’re looking for and to determine what type of dog would be a good fit for your home environment and lifestyle.
Step 4: Vet Check
With your permission, Paws Place will contact a veterinarian reference to verify past pet care history.
Step 5: Dog introduction
Under guidance of a Paws Place representative, the prospective adopter introduces our dog to dogs currently residing in the household to determine compatibility.
Step 6: Home Visit
With your permission, a Paws Place representative will do an on-site visit you to assess if your home and surroundings are appropriate for the safe and proper care of your selected dog..
Step 7: Adoption Agreement
Upon completion of the formal Adoption Agreement, you can take your new dog home and unleash the love!
Important Note: Paws Place does assess all dog applications on a first come first serve basis. However, we make our final determination as to whether to allow the adoption and which dog is adopted, based on the best interest of the animal.
TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL ADOPTION
Here are some of the conditions that must be met during the Six-Step Adoption Process:
- We will call your vet to see if the dog you had, or have, is/was up to date on shots, spayed or neutered, and on heart-worm preventative medication.
- Primary caretaker must be at least 21 years of age.
- A fenced back yard is no mandatory, but is preferable (and required for some dogs).
- You must either own your own home, or have rented for at least year at the same address.
- You must provide your driver’s license that matches current address at application time.
- If renting, you must provide verification of consent from landlord.
- You must be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment, and proper care for your pet.
- Paws Place charges a $175 adoption fee for dogs up to the age of seven, and a $75 fee for dogs seven years and older. This fee helps to defray the costs of food, shelter, heart worm preventative, flea and tick control, medical care and spay/neuter for the animals. 100% of the adoption fees are used for the benefit of the animals.